Friday, November 13, 2009

Too Excited to Sleep

So I didn't realize it'd been almost two weeks since I last posted. In that time, I have finally gotten well and have returned to work. It's been a busy week, and the culmination of the week is my big weekend plans. For those of you that aren't obsessive OSU fans, you might not be aware that OSU is playing Iowa tomorrow to either win a share of the Big Ten championship title or take it outright. If they win it, this will be year the 5th year in a row that they've done so. In other words, this is a big game! My coworkers pointed out I could scalp my tickets for several hundred bucks tomorrow since so many people will want to be there - last home game of the year, big stakes, recent upswing of the team's performance. I don't care - I wouldn't trade these tickets!

My cousin Karen sold me her tickets several weeks ago since she's pregnant and can't use them. At the time, we had no idea that this game would be as important as it is. Iowa is 9-1 in the season, so we've got an excellent match-up to look forward to. I'm taking Laura, my friend and coworker, who has never been to a Buckeye game. After, we are heading to House of Japan at Polaris to enjoy some Hibachi-style Japanese and sushi. It's going to be a long day, but Laura and I have a blast together, and I love OSU football, so it's almost like trying to sleep the night before leaving for vacation or Christmas. I know - it's a little crazy how much I love this sport!

A few weeks ago I bought some "eye black" - the players wear these types of things to help block out the sun, and crazy fans like me wear them to the games. I also have my mom's buckeye necklace, my OSU t-shirt/sweatshirt/long sleeved-tee shirt, and I'm good to go. I downloaded some OSU ringtones for my phone, and I'm so excited to see Script Ohio and scream "O! H! I! O!" each time we kick-off.... AAHHHHHH!

To get in the spirit, I put on the eye black tonight and put on my toughest face for a self-portrait. I'm channeling my inner linebacker, I guess. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Great picture! Love the eyes. Have a great time!

Ruthie said...

You are too funny! Love all your team spirit. :) You got a day of great weather to enjoy! Have fun and GO BUCKEYES!

Ruthie