Curious about this post's blog title? Well, it's thanks to my diagnosis of H1N1 on Wednesday! I'm not sure where I picked up the bug, but man oh man, did I pick it up good! I started to get a sore throat on Monday evening, and I went to work as usual on Tuesday. Tuesday evening, I was fighting chills and hot flushes, so I wasn't sure about work on Wednesday. I did end up calling in sick and getting an appointment early Wednesday morning. Good thing I did - the doctor walked in, asked me my symptoms, and said, "Well, you know what you have, don't you" He said I was within the 48 hour treatment window, but he prescribed TamiFlu, phenergan cough syrup with codeine, lots of fluids, and bed rest. He also said I was off of work until Monday! That was a surprise, so I asked if I have H1N1. He said it's the only flu in our area, so - yup. I came home and told Mom and Hannah. After some teleconferencing with Missy and Mom's doctor, we determined they were safe since they had likely been exposed at the same time and the incubation window is 1-3 days. We kept an eye on Hannah to make sure she never developed a fever, and she never did, thank the Lord. We also followed a strict no kissing and no going into Tia's room policy, in addition to the hand-washing policy. I think this helped. On Wednesday, I slept from about 11 AM until 4:30 PM! AND I went to bed at 9 or 10 that night... that cough syrup helped a lot!
My symptoms are mostly gone, though I still have a nasty cough. No more chills/sweats and no more achiness. I was able to walk with Hannah and Miss last night in the neighborhood trick-or-treat, which was good since that was something we were all really looking forward to doing. We were done in about 45 minutes, which was good since I was already tired! Hannah went as Jasmine, and Mom stayed behind and handed out candy. Many of my new neighbors stopped by during ToT and were really friendly. I live in a great neighborhood.
So, this week didn't turn out as I had hoped, but my boss is very gracious and told me not to worry about being off. I have lots of emails I never replied to this week in my work inbox, and I canceled 2/3 of my clients. As my boss put it, I guess the Lord decided I needed more time with my family. We had hoped to take Hannah to the park, to play outside, etc. Thankfully we bought some new toys last Sunday before I got sick, so her new toys (a barn with animals and a set of blocks that lots of doctors' office have - they have plastic, flexible spines on all 4 sides and can be put together in a variety of ways) were a blessing this week!
Here are some of the pictures I took of Hannah last night. I had great plans of lots of photo ops this week, but as I mentioned in this post, plans must be flexible!!!
I hope everyone is healthy and had a Happy Halloween! Hopefully this week is a good one for us all!
3 comments:
What a week! I am glad you are doing better. What a blessing that Hannah and your mom didn't get sick too!
I'm glad you're feeling better and that you have such a great family that was able to help you out!!! Hopefully this week will be better than last!
Ruthie
Glad your better. Hannah looked adorable as always!
Post a Comment