[Said during dinner when we were talking about her mommy]:
Her: My mommy lies.
Me: What? When has your mommy lied to you?
Her: Uhhhh.................................. [giggle]. I dunno. [long pause, then an "aha" moment]: She lies to Bubba! [Guess she figures we all universally lie to our moms at some time; alas, it's true!]
[Said slowly with incredible enunciation as she came walking out of the bathroom]:
I.... am your MONSTER!!!
[Conversation about what someone won in the Showcase Showdown we watched on The Price is Right - which was a trip to London, Hawaii, and LA]:
Me: He gets to go to the beach, on a plane...
Hannah: And to the airport?!?!?
[Said as she took my hand while we walked Oliver]:
You're my favorite Tia.
[Said when I asked what it means to be adopted]:
Adoption means not having to cry for your mommy because she comes.
[During dinner]:
You know what, Tia? I love God.
[Said while being reminded not to drip her popsicle on my carpet, and as she held it up for me to look at]:
Does it look like it's dripping? [Now, granted, that was pretty full of attitude, but it wasn't said meanly, and it was pretty funny.....]
[After we returned from our walk and entered a darkened living room]:
Could you turn the light on because I don't know how to see.
[While on a walk and giggling to herself]:
Oliver's shadow looks like a lion!
[Said after being disciplined for not listening while in the bathtub because she had been warned that not being a good listener meant no popsicle]:
I love you but can I have a popsicle?
:)
3 comments:
Love it! Out of the mouths of babes indeed. :)
I loved all of them! my favorite was that she neede you to turn on the light because she didn't know how to see.
I often think I should write down all the little comments Hannah makes and read them to her when she older. She truly is amazing!
Love you
Post a Comment