Sunday, July 18, 2010

Surprised by Design

Back in 2002, I used to watch this show on TLC called "Surprise by Design." It was a great show and probably my all-time favorite design show.

Well, tonight *I* was surprised by getting to see a design created just for me. Shortly after I moved into my house, my extremely talented cousin Christina offered to make me a sign as a house-warming gift. She posted my completed sign today on Facebook, so I nabbed her picture to post here. At 4 feet long, it would have been pretty expensive to ship, so I'll be getting it soon at our family reunion at the end of July. I'll be sure to post a picture of it hanging in my house soon! Until then, here's a picture she took:


I asked her for these words because they remind me of who I am in Christ. The sign is navy blue (though it looks more azure blue here). Isn't the text and the detailing awesome?!

And because she's even more awesome than this sign, let me point out that I have a link to her blog in the "My Blogs" list to the right. Her site is called Signs of Obsession - aptly named, don't you think? :) She does more than signs, though - she can pretty much take any piece of "junk" and turn it into a unique, chic, and personalized creation. A short list of things she has transformed includes old house windows, chairs, dressers, tables... I could go on and on. She does custom orders; I got to pick out the color, the size, the words, the font, the antique look, and even the detailing between the words. If you can imagine it, she can do it, so if you ever want a great custom-made home furnishing/piece of decor/garden accessory, drop her a line!

Thanks again, Christina! :)

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

That is really special, and so well done! Can't wait to see pics of it in your house.

Christina said...

Thanks Jenny, such kinds words! I really hope you like it in person!

Ruthie said...

you were right - that was Nick's wedding on my blog today... :)

Jaimi said...

Super special!!! It will be a great reminder and look nice at your house:)

mom said...

I love the sign and Christina is truly blessed with a wonderful talent! P.S., Christine, I love my sign!