Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surprise!

I couldn't mention it in my blog in my last post, but we managed to surprise Missy for dinner on the Saturday the 16th of April after her birthday (April 15). We had some obligations that kept us from celebrating on her actual day, but that didn't stop us from making a celebration on the 16th. Karen and her family joined us, which made it extra fun. We tried to coordinate it so that Karen's family and I arrived before Miss, Mom, and Hannah, and it worked - but there was some drama to it. Karen and Matt and the kids hit traffic, and Mom and Miss were running early. It worked out that we were all waiting at the doors of the restaurant - House of Japan at Polaris - when they pulled in. We had a wonderful dinner, enjoyed the staff singing to Miss, and had a wonderful time together!

Here's the whole gang at dinner - Mom, Karen holding Addie, Miss, Matt holding Jack, Me holding Hannah, and Gracie.

The three "sisters" after dinner (with Missy's birthday balloons behind us).

Afterward, we went - where else? - to the Disney store at the Polaris mall. I bought Hannah a new Tiana swimsuit and a Rapunzel playset for Gotcha Day, and Miss bought her a new Belle dress for the same occasion. Hannah's reaction was pretty funny, and I managed to get it on camera. Of course, a few minutes later, she said, "I also don't have a Mulan dress." She wouldn't be a little girl if she didn't try to get another fancy dress out of the occasion! :)

Here's the swimsuit - it's it pretty? It looks great with Hannah's skin tone.

The Rapunzel playset - this was a big hit!

After we left the store, Miss unveiled the dress. Here is Hannah's shocked expression.

She loved it and gave it a hug. :)

Showing off her new threads.

Missy's gift came over Easter weekend - a calendar of pictures of Hannah over the last year. It was a big hit! :) We had a great time celebrating Miss, and though it was no surprise trip to Disney, she said she felt loved and enjoyed it. It was really special that the Jenkins clan joined us, especially since Karen is so much closer to a sister than a cousin.

4 comments:

Jaimi said...

Those are good pictures and I'm glad you got to surprise Missy. I'm sure she will keep that as a special memory.

Ruthie said...

Birthday surprises are so fun! I'm glad you were able to bless Missy in this way! I love Hannah's expressions!!

Melissa said...

Thanks again for coordinating the surprise dinner. It was really fun! I don't need a trip to disney. It is just nice to to feel special. Love you big giant huge much!

Carlene said...

That was a very fun night! Very stressful, trying to coordinate every ones schedule! But after we all met, it was a wonderful evening! Thank you, Jen for the planning! Love you BIG much!