Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A fun game I've waited a long time to play

Okay, so almost a year ago, my friend Karen posted a game on her blog that I immediately wanted to play but lacked some of the essential "ingredients" - namely, an iPod and a music selection on my computer long enough to get a different answer for each question. I also wanted to wait until not every song would be a religious one (not that that's bad, but it will hopefully be more entertaining now that Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel, Cake, Celine, and the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack - among others - have joined the game). So, ladies and gents, the time has come! I don't know why this is so appealing to me, but I'm so excited to finally be able to do it! :) 

Oh, and one more thing! I haven't pre-typed in my answers, so I'm sort of in the same boat as you - I don't already know the answers as I type this section. 

Here are the instructions:


1. Put your music player on shuffle.

2. Press forward for each question.

3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

4. NO CHEATING. 


Q: What does next year have in store for you?

A: Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord - WOW worship 


Q: What does your love life look like next year?

A: Fearless, DC Talk 

(that's a good one)


Q: What do you say when life gets hard?

A: Thy Mercy, Caedmon's Call 

(again, appropriate - the game is living up to my expectations thus far!)


Q: Song that reminds you of good times?

A: Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word, Elton John 

(wow, must have been some pretty pathetic "good times"...)


Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning?

A:  Daydream Believer, Mary Beth Maziarz


Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?

A: Bless Me Indeed, Mercy Me


Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss?

A: Unforgetful You, Jars of Clay 

(fitting, although unfortunate that it's so ;))


Q: Your favorite saying?

A: Make Someone Happy, Jimmy Durante


Q: Favorite place?

A: She Loves You, The Beatles


Q: Most Missed Memory?

A: Fortunate Son, Creedence Clearwater Revival


Q: What song describes your best friend?

A: Will Not Fade, Audio Adrenaline 

(love it!)


Q: What song describes your ex?

A: As, Nichole Nordeman 

(add one letter to that, and you're good to go!)


Q: Where would you go on a first date?

A: It's All Who You Know, Newsboys 

(true, true)


Q: Drug of choice?

A: Lord Have Mercy, Michael W. Smith


Q: What song describes yourself?

A: The Good Life, Tony Bennett


Q: What is the thing you like doing most?

A: My Offering, Nichole Nordeman


Q: The song that best describes the president?

A: Hold Her Closer, Blessid Union of Souls 

(depending on if McCain works, one could argue that this phrase works nicely given that Palin will probably have helped him win)


Q: Where will you be in 10 years?

A: Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway), Billy Joel 

(very cool - it almost fits since it's 2008, and that IS near Disney World! Things are lookin' up! :))


Q: Your love life right now?

A: Miles to Go (Before I Sleep), Celine Dion 

(ha ha ha ha ha)


Q: What is your state of mind like at the moment?

A: When You Wish Upon a Star, Wishes 

(fireworks show at Magic Kingdom in Disney World)


Q: How will you die?

A: Never Alone, Barlow Girl 

(Thanks! That's actually pretty comforting!)


Hope you enjoyed my commentary along the way. That game was as great as I thought it'd be. 


(By the way, I know I'm easy to please. And that I'm a bit pathetic. But I'm good with that, cause I thought this was way cool! :))

1 comment:

Karen said...

Those were some good ones! Can you believe there is another one out there now? Just read it tonight at another guy's blog. Check it out at http://johndobbs.com/?p=835. It is near the end of the post. I did it and will post mine in a few minutes.