Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A good day

Do you ever have those days that are just good, not for any particular reason, but are just good? I love those days, and today was/is one of them! I had good sessions with my clients (even the ones that I deem hard to connect with), our support group was good, I spent a fair amount of time laughing with my coworkers (Laura and Helen), had eclectic conversation over lunch (from how we'd want to die to politics to what we should show up dressed as on Friday for Halloween), enjoyed a good meal for lunch (make your own omelette - yum!), heard one of my favorite songs on the radio on the way home ("The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson), and arrived home to no accidents on the floor! (Sometimes Oliver tests my patience in this way.) It was just a good day, and I had lots of little reasons to find joy.  I appreciate days like today because it feels good to feel good for no reason. And I felt God answering little prayers that are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, which is a blessing as well.

I know part of my joy today has to do with my family coming this weekend. I. am. SO. EXCITED! No one's been down since the urgent care scare in mid-September, and that was overnight. The time before that was the end of August! I feel connected to my life at home, but it's sooooo wonderful when people take the time to drive down. It helps me feel like I'm valued and worth the effort, plus it helps the relationship to feel like both parties are putting effort in to keeping it going strong. We don't have much in the way of excitement planned for the weekend - just eating out, maybe visiting the mall and seeing a movie, going to church, etc. Good times! I keep wishing it was Thursday so that I'd know that in roughly 24 hours, people I love will be here! 

Oh, and did you know that "Joe the Plumber" is writing a book on American values? If you don't know who he is, Google him. I'm sure you'll get lots of results. It's not a big deal, but wow! America thinks we need the opinion of EVERYONE!!! I probably won't rush right out and get a copy, but that's just me. :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were very excited to come visit. It was a beautiful weekend in all ways, the visit, the weather and I really liked your church. See you in two weeks!! love you,