Saturday, October 25, 2008

Terrelle Pryor - not my favorite Buckeye

As with all Saturdays between mid-August and mid-November, I spend part of my Saturdays watching my beloved Buckeyes. This week, we played #3 Penn State. They played so well for the first 3 quarters (not offensively necessarily, but definitely defensively). We pulled ahead in the 4th quarter 6 to 3, and then Terrelle Pryor, the freshman quarterback, made a very stupid mistake with about 10 minutes left in the game. It was 3rd and 1, and he tried to be fancy rather than just get the 1st down. So what happened? He fumbled, and from then on, it was a Penn State game. I'm so disgusted. I know Ben would tell me I need to accept that my favorite team can't win every week, but I was 95% hoping that OSU wouldn't be embarrassed tonight and 5% hoping they'd win. It grew to the opposite over the course of the game, and then BAM! We lost a 30-year record of beating Penn State at home, AND we made another foolish mistake. Seems like it's a season of foolish mistakes. I'm so disgusted, but of course I'll be back next week to watch again. Congrats to Penn State for a good game, but I wish we'd walked away as the team to have beaten them this year. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before the game Scott and I were actually saying we kinda wanted Penn State to win for Joe Pa and the national title implications. So we were ok with it both ways. Bucks did have some great defense and the game was not a blowout. :)

Ruthie said...

So thankful that Hannah came through her illness okay. That must have been so scary! Sophia got a bad case of pneumonia when she was 2 and is was just horrible! Praying for your teaching opportunity!