Yup, the buyers countered. HOWEVER, I am taking heart! My realtor and their realtor talked, of course, and mine reminded her that there are three houses in this deal (didn't know that - this house, the house these sellers want to buy, and the house those sellers want to buy), so "they really don't want to lose this buyer (me)." Their realtor agreed and told mine that this is just their first counter. I think, at this point, that we're just trying to find a number everyone can agree with. On the upside, they agreed to the other items - namely letting the fridge stay and allowing me to keep the window treatments (blinds and curtains). The second may not be a big deal, but every little bit of money I can save down the road helps, right?
My realtor is calling back in a while to talk about the counter-offer. I think I have settled in my mind where I'm going next in terms of price. Thanks for the prayers! I still need to confirm that the financing will go through since this is an increase in the loan amount, and I still need to settle on a price with the sellers. I'd appreciate your prayers. Please pray they accept the next counter-offer and that the financing goes through. I'll keep you posted!
In other news, I was able to run the numbers with my mom, sister, and Hannah in person because, about 11:30, someone very gruffly grabbed and turned my door handle (my door is always locked when I'm in the apartment). Oliver started barking up a storm, of course, and I nervously went to look out the peephole. I saw nothing, and then a second later, Hannah
walked up dragging her luggage behind her! They came to surprise me for lunch! Oh, and Hannah insisted she needed to pack for the visit, even though they were going home tonight. We went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch, did some shopping, and I drove them by the house. We got home and listened to the message from my realtor, and we started talking about the numbers. It was a fun surprise for them, and a big sacrifice in terms of the cost of gas, the length of the drive, and even the heat of it as well since my sister's A/C isn't working. It was a
fun afternoon.
At lunch, Hannah and I were being silly (or embarrassing... depending on who you ask ;)) and decided to decorate our faces. Check us out:
First you gotta get the spoon all misty with your breath to make it stick....
... and then, voila!
1 comment:
It was a fun day....I love coming down to surprise you. Cute pictures...your special talents make a mother proud! Love you
Post a Comment