Tomorrow we have Student Life department meetings, so it's another easy day. It's nice because in the first few days back, we tend to leave early. Tomorrow we should be done around 2:30. I love my job, but I won't argue!
I also might be getting another intern to supervise. In Ohio, interns need to supervised by an independently-licensed counselor before getting their license. Additionally, once you get your license, you must complete 2 years of post-licensure work before you can get your independent license. In those 2 years, all your paperwork, diagnoses, etc. must be signed off on by the independently-licensed counselor. I'm the independently-licensed counselor, and my coworker Laura is licensed but has not completed her two years. I supervise her, and we are also taking on an intern this semester who I'll be supervising as well. We might be taking on yet another intern, too! That will be more work for me, but my boss is gracious and says he would expect me to lighten my caseload since, as a supervisor, I'm expected to be as familiar with the supervisee's clients as the supervisee is. As you can imagine, that essentially means I'm quadrupling my caseload, which is a big deal. I like the challenge of it, as well as being able to have an influence on that many more people, but it will certainly be a big change in terms of my responsibilities at work.
This isn't an exciting post, but I wanted to get an update and get back in the habit. I'll be back soon! Nightie night!
No comments:
Post a Comment