Okay, so there will be MANY pictures today. I guess I took the most shots on day 2 of the trip. We visited the Animal Kingdom on this day of the trip, and we finished our day by traveling to Downtown Disney. It was a good day!
The Ankole (an-coal-ee) cattle were grazing in the savannah this morning.
And the uncle made his way awfully close to our jeep. This shot wasn't on zoom; he was RIGHT beside me. I was a little nervous he'd get upset and charge us!
Okay, so I think I took the most shots of this next part of the trip - Finding Nemo: The Musical. It's a retelling of the Nemo movie set to music. It's definitely a Broadway-caliber show. It was excellent; we've seen it before but never with such good seats. I promise, I really was selective. I think I only posted a third of the photos I took! If you know the movie, you'll recognize several scenes. It's very faithful to the movie.
Some people find it distracting that you see the performers and the puppets, but I think it adds a neat dimension.
The performers used a ramp occasionally to run off or on stage. We were seated right in front of it, which really made us feel like we were in the middle of the action. Hannah loved being that close, especially when they brought up some puppets on giant poles and sort of flew them over the audience.
"E-CAPEEEEEEEEEEE!"
I love how the puppets are designed to have facial expressions - eyes can close, they can frown, look worried, etc. So creative!
The school of fish are doing their thing modeling after the famous Opera House in Sydney.
Racing on top of the jellyfish.
The Crush song is one of the highlights of the show. The puppet is huge, and the guy singing definitely channels his inner surfer dude. It was great!
Hannah loved the penguins (they made a joke about not being able to fly, then the poles "snapped" and they fell over).
As we got back, I decided to get some pictures of the resort. I thought it was a great site for wonderful shots - the hotel was very photogenic! :)
This is the check-in building.
Boat transportation to Downtown Disney - a nice change from the boats, though the mosquitos were a bit bothersome.
This is the food court section of the check-in building. The resort is modeled after riverside communities in Louisiana, so the old fashioned water wheel really adds to the feel of the resort.
This was our building, in the Magnolia Terrace section of the resort (which is spread out among various buildings like on a college campus). I loved it and had specifically requested it because I liked the pictures I'd seen of the room decor and loved that these buildings were designed to look like mansions in the Bayou. So charming!
3 comments:
I love how Hannah always strikes such a great pose! Looks so fun!
What fun pictures! The Nemo show looks like it would be really cool to see!
I love the Hannah pics too. she's so adorable:)
Once again, your photos are awesome. Don't know how you get Hannah to stay still for a pic and the Nemo pics were almost like being there!
Post a Comment