Monday, June 28, 2010

Playset Playfulness!

On Thursday, Hannah's playset arrived! We documented the process for my sister, who was still in Chicago and wasn't able to see it constructed (or Hannah's initial reactions to it). Hannah had been with us when she bought it, but it had been 4 weeks since the purchase date. Here are some of the highlights from the day.

This is the before shot as these teen boys get ready to get their build on. It was interesting to hear them switch back and forth between English and German, but I admit - I sometimes wondered what they were saying in German! They were very polite, though, and good at their jobs! It took just about an hour and 45 minutes to get the playset constructed.

Hannah likes the hat her papa gave her... he's a farm hat aficionado, and it's sweet to see her follow in his footsteps!

Soon after, however, she lets her inner fashion diva shine on through!
After it was built, this is the shot I got of Hannah as she tore off, arms waving wildly in the air, toward the playset! She was sweet to tell the boys, "You did a good job!"

Glider swing...

Regular swing (pretty fun, if I do say so myself)...

Gymnastics has certainly come in handy!








Oliver enjoyed the shade.

Enjoying a quiet moment between games of mermaid pirates and pushing Hannah on the swing.

It was such a pretty day.

Hannah found "all the S's", so Tia tried to take an artsy picture!




Later that day, my aunt Deb and her granddaughters Trinity and Kaya came over to visit. They live in PA and don't get to see our side of the family much, but Hannah enjoyed having them around. They are very polite, well-mannered little girls!

A bit later, Grandma and Grandpa Hardesty showed up!

My grandpa is AMAZING! This picture perfectly demonstrates his playful, fun-loving, always-there-for-the-grand-and-great-grand-kids spirit. Had he not been threatened with getting in "big trouble", I'm sure he would have tried out the slide, too!

Deb decided she'd treat the kids to a slide train, and Grandpa positioned himself to play catch!

Of course, it was soon time to play dress up in Hannah's princess dresses, which meant a fashion show for the grown-ups!

It was a great day!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I love the pictures. It really was a fun day. I wish could have been there to enjoy it with us. i really like the pic that says..it was a pretty day. It is just wood and the sky but it shows God's beauty!

Mom said...

edit...I wish MISSY could have....

Jaimi said...

What great pictures! i love seeing all of Hannah's expressions and I like the "S's" that she found!
She is such a wonderful little girl and has an incredible Tia!

Christina said...

The pictures are great! That swingset, love it what a lucky girl!