Day 3 of this most recent trip took us to the Magic Kingdom in the morning, back to our resort during the day, and then to Hollywood Studios that night. It was a really fun day, and here are some pictures to share that fun with you!
Waiting for the opening show for the Magic Kingdom.
This particular bird found a unique seat that morning... this is an iconic statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, and several people found it humorous to see a bird sitting there. I guess he was feeling a little jealous of the attention Walt and Mickey were getting and decided to horn in on it!
A family tradition during Disney trips has formed since Hannah joined our family. We make sure to ride Dumbo once each trip, and I sit in a Dumbo vehicle in front of Miss and Hannah. That way I can get some good pictures of them as they enjoy the experience. Some of these shots are my favorites from past trips.
Hannah opted to strike a pose while we waited in line for a ride (I think it was Dumbo, given the chains I see in the background, but I am choosing not to care that the pictures are out of order). Cute story about this shirt: when we were nearly ready to board the Dumbo vehicle, a woman behind us said, "That looks like an Osh Kosh shirt." We said that it was and laughed, asking her if she shops there or works there. The woman said she actually sews those shirts! It was funny to run into someone who literally made the clothes Hannah was wearing! She was a nice woman, and we like her work! :)
On this particular morning, we visited Toontown, a part of the park that is going by the wayside to make room for the updates I mentioned before (the ones currently being hidden behind the walls with pictures on them). In Toontown, kids can meet a few princesses in a quiet setting. We waited maybe 15 minutes, and then a group of 7 or 8 families is pulled in to meet the princesses. It's a much less chaotic way to meet them, and Hannah loved it!
I have action shots of the interactions, but I thought I'd spare you. Hannah got to meet Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty), who questioned her on her favorite color. Hannah told it was white (since when???), and Aurora touched her hat and said, "Well, then, I think you're all set!"
This Cinderella was adorable. Hannah liked chatting with her.
Hannah likes Belle a lot (not as much as Ariel or Jasmine, but she likes her nonetheless). If you've not been to Disney, it's worth mentioning that the princesses (well, all the characters, for that matter) interact with guests in character. Thus, Belle warned Hannah that she best be careful because "stinky Gaston" might get the wrong idea by her wearing her bridal ears! Doesn't Hannah look like she's making herself right at home here?
After visiting the princesses, it was time to ride the only roller coaster Hannah is big enough for - Goofy's Barnstormer. It's a kiddie coaster that's relatively tame, so Hannah is always open to the idea of it now. As with Dumbo, I sit in front of them in a car by myself and take pictures during the ride. Here we are in the loading area, ready for take-off. Hannah looks ready to have a good time...
... she even raises her hands on the lift hill like a coaster pro!
Alas, she quickly remembers that it scares her, and she holds on for dear life (as well as makes some hilarious faces)! Now don't think us too harsh; we got right back on and didn't have to persuade her to do so! This picture cracks me up every time I see it.
We made our way over to Pirates of the Caribbean where Hannah got to meet Pirate Goofy. She loved this!
Hannah eventually entered full-time bridal mode. We thought this was pretty clever (well, I did; I think Miss found it a bit embarrassing as now it was obvious these were no regular princess ears).
On the way back to the hotel, somebody was a tired girl...
... and Hannah was, too!
We got back to the room, and our Mousekeeper (what Disney calls the housekeepers) had left us a fun surprise. The TV was on, and Hannah's Eeyore, Handy Manny toy, and princesses were all raptly watching the Disney Channel! Of course I had to get some shots of this! I love it when the cast members take it upon themselves to spread the magic spontaneously and not as a job requirement!
After a nice swim and rest, it was time to head out to Hollywood Studios. I decided to sport pigtails (which Miss wasn't a huge fan of), and we got a shot of us before the sweating set back in!
Another hilarious shot from the trip: while waiting for the bus to come pick us up, I asked Hannah to smile for a picture. Apparently only half of her face was in the mood to comply, and this was the result. Cracks me up!
At the park, we got in line for one of our favorite rides themed after Toy Story. Hannah was a little tired (and had to go potty), so we were trying to keep her distracted. The need for the potty always decreases when sitting, so I volunteered for this rather precarious job! She made it through the ride and safely to the potty immediately after!
1 comment:
Those are fun memories:) I really liked the story about how the staff set the Disney toys up watching TV. Your stories make me want to go experience it for myself... ummm, I mean for Emma of course:)
Post a Comment