Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Me? Neglectful?

So I apologize for not updating sooner. Honestly, the biggest obstacle to posting has been an absence of interesting things to say! So tonight's post is going to be chock-full of non-interesting information!

I haven't heard anything about the house. Still no closing date, but I'm still praying I'm approved for rural housing, a financing option that does not require a down payment and - miraculously - would also be cheaper per month! AND no PMI!!! I'll certainly keep you updated on this.

I've been very busy at work these days. I already have a full schedule. For those of you keeping track, it's barely September! Last year, I wasn't "full" until at least the end of September. I'm also supervising two interns who are pursuing their counseling degrees. One has already started (Jessica), and she's very sweet. The other, Renea, starts next week. I'm also co-facilitating two groups, seeing my own clients, and continuing to supervise my coworker, Laura, as she works to get her independent license in 2011. Whew! I've been super busy!

After a protracted battle with my apartment complex about a broken toilet seat (I'm not joking), it turns out I'll be paying for replacing the seat. Here are the fly-by details: it cracked all the way through. I was not standing on it, did not drop anything on it, and did not slam it down (contrary to what the maintenance supervisor here told me I did). By the way, who slams toilet seats when they are angry? Don't most people use doors? I was told it was looked at, then told actually it hadn't been, was told it wouldn't be fixed since I'm moving out (October 10th, which - again for those keeping track - is 6 weeks from now), blah blah blah. Oh, and now they said they'll fix it - for the modest price of $30. Have any of YOU ever paid that for a toilet seat? Whatever. I'm buying a house. Can't wait to get out of here!

Project Runway has returned to Lifetime. I love this show. Much rejoicing has been occurring in my meager home! :)

I didn't get OSU tickets. This is very sad; guess I'll just be spending the next 13 Saturdays screaming at the TV. Let's hope Tressell runs a more aggressive offense this year instead of the old "short pass on the 1st down, rush the next three, turn it over, and rely on the defense to keep the other team at bay." Love the man as a coach and person, but c'mon. We need an answer for the spread offense, people!

Have a super night! :)

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

I love the toilet seat story... sorry, I know it's money out of your wallet but you told it in such a funny way.
And you totally know football! I didn't understand anything you said about how the OSU coach guy should change his style.

Mom said...

Sorry bout not getting the OSU tickets. I am sure your first choice to take with you would have been your Mom. Right? Love you