Wednesday, September 30, 2009

By the way

I bought a house yesterday!

My best friend Jaimi helped me realize that I had a pretty major event happen and failed to post about it on my blog. So, that's the point of my post tonight. I felt that it was sort of anti-climactic to close on the house. I think I let everyone down in the room by not bouncing off the walls and being giddy. Looking back, I think I felt that it wasn't real, and I also felt that it was weird that I was being loaned me so much money for a house. Most days, I barely feel like an adult, so buying the house was surreal. I did get a key to the house, though, and met the sellers. They were very nice and seemed nostalgic about the house. It's good to know it's been a good home for them. They are moving literally around the corner to a bigger house in town, so they'll be close by if I need them (don't worry... they offered that; I'm not demonstrating poor boundaries :)).

I got another blessing in the day. The sellers were paying my closing costs, and there were so many fees paid that it actually ended up lowering the loan amount by $1300. That reflects a $10 decrease in my monthly mortgage payment. On top of that, I got my $500 earnest money check back. It was nice to essentially get "paid" to buy the house. If only checks like that kept coming in!

I'm excited to move in. I'll be moving on the 10th; I get the keys on the 7th, but that's a Wednesday, and I'm not able to move mid-week. Once there, I'll be sure to post lots of pictures for those of you not lucky enough to be assisting in the move. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures.

Ruthie said...

I am so excited for you Jenny! I hope we can make a trip down sometime to see your new home. Being "grown up" is so surreal. I still feel like a teenager on the inside! :)

Mom said...

I just told Missy tonight that I am so excited for you. It is such a huge step in your life and I know that God will bless you in your new home! See you Friday! Love you,