My boss graciously allowed me to go in late today since Mom and Hannah stayed over last night; I got to work around 10:00 today. It was a short day but still felt long due to some traumatic things that happened to some clients over our spring break (proof that life keeps going even when we're on vacation).
I also got some belated birthday blessings; I got a generous gift card from my friend Jill to Bed Bath and Beyond, and some gift cards I had gotten due to cashing in my debit card reward points came today, too! Here's what I had cashed in for:
$50 at Best Buy
$25 at Target
$25 at Applebees
$25 at Bob Evans
$5 at Panera Bread
$25 for iTunes
Can you tell I hadn't cashed in those points before? :) I switched banks recently and needed to clean out my reward points, so I'm looking forward to spending this money in the weeks to come! I mentioned also that my best friend Jaimi had given me a generous cash gift for my birthday, so I used that to buy the hoodie you saw in many of the Disney shots. My mom (and dad by extension :)) also bought me some groceries, forgave a small amount of money I owed them from last fall for buying me groceries and paying for Oliver to get groomed, and bought my meal at The Cheesecake Factory. Oh, and - in case you hadn't heard - my sister paid for me to go to DISNEY WORLD! I am richly blessed, and turning 30 happened without any depression or embarrassment. How could I be depressed when I have so much to be thankful for???
1 comment:
My blessing for March 7 was being able to spend the day with you. Hannah & I had a great weekend. Love you
Post a Comment