Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Three of the Big Birthday Bash!

Today we went to Epcot. It was pretty cold, but we did our favorite rides by 1:00 (including 3 times on Soarin’, Mom!). We stopped and got a hoodie I'd been seeing and wanted to buy and then moved on to World Showcase.


By now it had warmed up, which was nice. We ate fish and chips for lunch from the United Kingdom pavilion and enjoyed the sun that was finally warming up the air! Then it was time for pictures around World Showcase. I enjoy taking these shots, and the sun cooperated today!


Here are some favorite shots of the Flower and Garden Festival as well as of our time at Epcot (the figures are topiaries Disney creates for this festival - they are made entirely out of flowers, plants, etc. - so well done!):






I bought this hoodie in part with the birthday money I got from my best friend, Jaimi. Thanks, Vores! :) It's warm AND cute - the perfect combination!


While in World Showcase in the Italy pavilion, we saw some taping going on. We decided it was the young Asian girl from Movie Surfers, a program on the Disney Channel where teen "correspondents" interview Disney Channel stars. Anyway, she was interviewing a young blonde teeny-bopper-ish guy. We, of course, took some pictures like the tourons we are! I think it's Jason Dolley, the guy who played "Pete Ivey" in the Disney Channel movie "Hatching Pete." I know, it's kind of silly that as a nearly-30-year-old woman I know what that movie is, but I do. ;) I think he's a cutie. He was talking about having theme days on set and it was interesting to see how tapings work. He would start a line, mess up, then start again without missing a beat. Guess I expected them to say "cut" or something!


We came back to the room on the Friendship Boats...and took a nap! We slept for about 2.5 hours, and it felt sooooooo good! We got up, Skyped with my niece, and headed out to dinner at Chef Mickey's.


The food was okay, nothing great, but I got another free desert (a cupcake this time).

We got back to the room around 10:30, and tomorrow we head to Animal Kingdom.


And one more random photo - at Downtown Disney, there is a candy shop where you can have candy creations made. In this picture, you can see the bottom of a caramel apple (top right), Missy's creations - 3 pretzel rods dipped in milk chocolate, covered with M&Ms, and then drizzled with milk chocolate again - and MY creation - pretzel rods dipped in milk chocolate, covered in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and then drizzled in milk chocolate again. These things are soooooo fattening, but they are SOOOOOOO good! Definitely a wonderful treat to enjoy on a wonderful trip!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I love the topiaries. One of our early trips to WDW was at a time when they had a bunch of these out as well.

How cool that you got to see the taping. I've always wanted to see "someone" at WDW but never have. The closest we got was that trip we were there with you... One evening Emily said that Josh Hutcherson bumped into her and said "Excuse me." After we got home, we read a blog posting he did about being there for Christmas/New Year's, so I don't guess she was mistaken about who it was.

Mom said...

Jen, I think you forgot that you also skyped with ME! And as usual, great pics! Have a MAGICAL day! Love you BIG MUCH!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Jen! What a wonderful surprise to go on a trip wtih Missy. You both look like you are having so much fun. Miss you!

Jaimi said...

I should have read the posts in order and would have known the hoodie was new:) Seeing the show taping must have been cool and I love the topiaries (i would have called them shrub art but I saw Karen's post so i knew they were called "topiaries"). You look so pretty in the pictures! i especially like the ones in the series of you with Donald duck and your birthday cupcake.

Ruthie said...

I love the topiaries and those dessert creations?? - YUM!