Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day Two of the Big Birthday Bash!

Well, Day Two of the Big Birthday Bash has been great thus far! Here are some picture updates for you all:

Here are some shots of our room. It's really nice!

We came back to the room after spending the afternoon in the park before changing clothes for our "fancy dinner." I had to tease Miss; I had given her, as I mentioned, some options for outfits for me. She misunderstood, so this was the outfit she had packed:
It's hard to see, but I'm wearing black capris, black trouser socks, and some shoes that only get worn with long dress pants.

This was the outfit I had planned to wear (thankfully, she overpacked for me):

We went to the Magic Kingdom to watch our favorite evening show, Wishes. Here are some of my favorite shots from last night. I could seriously pack this whole blog with fireworks shots (it's a 10 minute show and is jam-packed with awesome fireworks), but I figured I'd show the best:

After the fireworks, we stopped for a self-portrait before heading off to dinner.

When we got to our table, the restaurant staff had decorated it for me (my birthday was noted on the reservations my sister made).

After the dinner, our water, Jose, surprised me (us, really!) with a delicious piece of cake. I even got to blow out the candle!


This morning was cloudy and chilly to begin with, but we don't camp out in the room when it's less than gorgeous! We go out and have fun!

Funny story - Miss wanted to get a picture with me pointing at this sign (I'm actually about 15 feet in front of it). It took about 5 shots to get it right because she had trouble directing me where to point so it looked like I was touching the sign but you could still read it! :)

The park was VERY not-crowded this morning!

Time for another self-portrait while waiting in line to ride one of our favorite (3-D) rides, Toy Story Midway Mania.

I got to meet my favorite character (Donald), too! I don't normally do this on these trips, but I figured I'd let loose since I'm celebrating!

This park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, has actors that walk around and give impromptu performances. They are very tongue-in-cheek and hilarious! We caught one hamming it up - an out-of-work European actress trying to show us her skills as she weeps for the camera.

Later in the day, we saw this actor giving a magic demonstration. He selected me to participate, and it was really funny! He asked me to select a magic word, so the first thing that popped out of my mouth was "please." He razzed me for that, asking if I was a teacher. Then he had me hold my hand out and put 3 coins in my hand while he held onto the 4th. He teased me at how quickly I put my hand out to hold the coins. Magically, the 4th coin appeared in my hand! I have NO IDEA how he did that, but it was fun. He was great, so we got my picture taken with him after he wrapped it up.

When we got back to the room, this was waiting for me (the thing on the left is a discount for Photopass, which is Disney's photography program. You can get pictures taken in the park as you walk around in front of the various sites. It's a 20% discount card, and there's also an autographed picture of Mickey).

Tonight we're heading to Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner. It was a great day! We redeemed the volunteer vouchers I mentioned in this post and got to ride several rides with no waits. It was a really nice, relaxing, wonderful day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. And those fireworks shots! You are becoming quite the pro at those. I need to see if I can find the email you sent me way long ago about how to take those.

Looking forward to more...

Mom said...

Okay, I am sooooooo jealous! Looks like you are have a wonderful time! Love you lots,

Jaimi said...

I loved your post and especially the part about the outfits! It made me laugh and so i showed mom and we both laughed:) And the next picture with the outfit you said you had picked out... i love the two different shoes!
it sounds like you are both having a great time. I'm so glad!

Jenny said...

That's funny - I actually had the same shoes on, but I didn't get my foot underneath the elastic part on the left foot! I hadn't even noticed till you pointed that out, Jaimi (strike that - I didn't notice the picture showed it like that. I DID notice before we left the room!) :)