Monday, March 15, 2010

One of Those Days

You ever have those days where nothing goes right? You wake up late, you don't have time to put on make-up and have to lug the make-up bag to work, you are congested, you call the IRS to check on your amended tax return and get nastier than you planned and STILL have to wait 4-6 more weeks before you hear when you're getting the money, you spill all the macaroni noodles on the stove instead of pouring them into the pot of boiling water, you drop one of the Thin Mints on the floor when you're going for a snack, and you have a bit of a headache?

Well, today is one of those days.... where none of that junk ends up being a big deal!

Aren't those days fantastic?! I, personally, love them. I love it when my attitude is not determined by the events or direction of my day. I vaguely recall praying this morning that the Lord would help me to have His perspective today. Gotta love quick answers to prayers! (As a quick aside, I'm not proud of getting verbally aggressive with the less-than-pleasant IRS agent this AM, but I'm grateful God helped me recognize it, confess it, change my attitude, and let that sin go). Today ended up being really good. The class I teach went well, my sessions were good today, and I am focusing on the good parts of the day!

It's been one of those days. :)

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

praise God for spiritual victories! that is encouraging!

Jaimi said...

Your email made me smile! I love that God gave you His perspective. It makes me want to get and keep God's perspective too. Love you:)

Mom said...

I love when I have "one of those days". It makes the bad days seem not so bad. Love you big much!

Melissa said...

I am glad you had a better day than what it sounded like and you let God rule the day! Hannah and I love you very much!