We hit a wall with walking around at bout 1:00. We sat on a bench, ate hot pretzels, and people-watched for a while. We did some shopping for a friend's daughters and decided to wait for the afternoon parade. It occurs to me now that Miss never DID do any shopping for herself despite her saying she wanted to. Oops - guess we need to go back! ;)
While we were waiting for the parade, we got to watch more of the street actors perform. Two men were portraying characters, one a cop named "Les Manley" and the other a chef named "Ben Appetit." They were hilarious! Ben kept following people around, imitating how they walked, their facial expressions, etc. At one point, he saw me laughing and dropped a handkerchief he'd been holding, motioning for me to come pick it up. He was swaying bashfully back and forth, batting his eyelashes, the whole nine yards. I didn't think he was serious - the street had been cleared of people since the parade was starting in a few moments, but he motioned again, so I got up to go get it. Keep in mind there were tons of people watching from the sidewalks, and he and I were the only ones on the street by then. I picked it up and handed it to him, and he giggled and motioned for me to kiss his cheek. I leaned in to give him a peck on the cheek, and at that moment he turned his face and kissed me quickly nearly fully on the lips! Every gasped and burst out laughing; it was quite surprising - especially for me! He ran off and looked back giggling/flirting in character. It was pretty fun, but boy was I embarrassed! Someone walked over to show me the picture they'd gotten of the moment - too funny! Unfortunately, I carried the camera up with me, so Miss didn't get any pictures! Oh well; it's a fun Disney moment I'll be sure to remember forever! :)
We got picked up for the airport around 4:15, and our flight left on time at 7:20. We got back to Dayton after an uneventful flight and had to wait 20 minutes for them to put our luggage on the carousel, so that part wasn't fun, but we got home to my house around 11:15. Mom had let Hannah stay up since Miss had to leave again on Sunday for Salt Lake City for work, so we looked at the videos from the trip, showed her our pictures, and gave her the presents we'd gotten for her (a Princess Tiana dress and two pens).
It was an absolutely wonderful trip! I can't think of any highlights because the whole thing was just terrific. I'm so so glad we got to go, and I'm so thankful for my sister! I hope your first week of March was as good as mine was! :)
1 comment:
What incredible gifts and i loved the story about the mime! What a memorable time. I'm so glad that you got to get your hoodie!! that made me happy. I'm so happy to celebrate you. I love you:)
Post a Comment