Sunday, August 8, 2010

Full

I've had a full week at home. Here's what I've been up to:

* Arrived at home on Thursday night. As I pulled in, I got a text from my sister saying, "Tia come home." I was in the garage at that point, unbeknownst to her. I quickly typed, "I'll do my best." On Friday, I ran errands with my Mom and Hannah as she prepared for her upcoming trip to Georgia.

* Saturday, my grandma was celebrated with a surprise party for her upcoming 85th birthday. Post to follow this week. Earlier that morning, Hannah got a new kitten at the Wayne County Humane Society, where I dropped my shiny and lovely and $$$$$ new iPhone 4 on the concrete floor and it shattered. Literal physical illness ensued as I knew it wouldn't be covered. Thankfully, the Lord was with me. He honored my calm demeanor on the phone (not typical of me when I feel like I'm getting a bum deal), and I was routed to a manager who graciously agreed to replace it for no fee!

* Sunday, we drove to Columbus to get the replacement phone and had dinner with my friends Ben, Mary, and their kids.

* Monday, I watched Hannah.

* Tuesday, I had a date with my dear friend Susan. I drove to Wooster, where we went to dinner (her treat - so generous!), played on her iPad, and made plans for her upcoming trip to visit me in Cedarville.

* Wednesday, we had a girls' night out where friends Jaimi and Julie joined my sister and I for dinner at The Olive Garden - our standard for girls' nights. We had a great night of talking and catching up.

* Thursday, Hannah and I skipped her gymnastics practice so I could make us a nice dinner - shepherd's pie for those who care! I also got in my weekly phone date with my friend Jill and also got to talk with my cousin Karen, I think. I also found out that a friend from high school has been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, which was sad and surreal to hear. I spent much of the day with her on my heart, praying for her and her family.

* Friday, we did something special with Hannah, which will also be featured in an upcoming post!

* Today, I saw my mom and dad (Mom was home from her trip to GA), drove back to Cedarville, and met up with Karen to see Eclipse again and then have dinner at Chili's. We had a wonderful time, and we made plans for her to help me with decorating the house in the coming months!

I have several posts started for this week, so I should be able to keep everyone updated on all my adventures! I go back to work Monday, and I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Jaimi said...

I'm excited to see the upcoming posts! You were able to fit lots into your schedule while you were in good ole Ashland! I loved our girls night out.

Melissa said...

I am so glad you were home. Thanks for watching Hannah. She misses you already.

Mom said...

You were a busy person..glad it was a good week for you. Hope your first week back goes well. love you