The ceremony tonight was good. They honored people who have been with Cedarville 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, and 45 years! Wow! Talk about employee retention. They had it in sort of a ESPN commentary on a sporting event presentation, which was fun and entertaining. The entire university was invited, as well as spouses, so there were probably 300-500 people there. The RDs (Resident Directors) took me under their wings and allowed me to sit with them and eat with them after the ceremony. Once they found out I'm a euchre player, I was told I was "in". Good to know. :)
I also didn't have to cook for myself today! Breakfast and lunch were provided during the Student Life/Enrollment Management (which includes Financial Aid, Admissions, Event Services, Marketing, Creative Services aka Graphic Design, Alumni Relations, and I may be forgetting a couple) Division meeting. I was also introduced (along with other new staff) and given a $25 gift certificate to TGI Fridays. Nice perk! After lunch, just the Student Life division met (which includes Counseling Services, Career Services, Residence Life, Campus Activities, and University Medical Services) and I was introduced again since I'll be working closely with these departments as we all have student contact as our primary job. Tomorrow is an all-university meeting and address from Dr. Brown, the president, with faculty and all other departments. I should also get to move into Jeffrey's office - he took the corner office (smart man) - tomorrow or Thursday, so I'm looking forward to feeling settled.
Karen (my cousin) is coming to visit Friday night, and I'm super excited about that! It'll be nice to have company. Susan is coming next weekend, and the weekend after that is my family, then I go home for Labor Day, so that helps me pass the time here. Thanks again for all your comments and emails.
1 comment:
Jen,
Thanks for the thank you note, not necessary but nice to get. I hope you know we would help you again in a heartbeat, however I feel that it maybe awhile before you need to do any major moving again. I believe God has GREAT things planned for you and can't wait to hear about all his blessings. We love you very much and I pray for you that each day will get easier and easier. Until next time God bless.
Love,Angie
Post a Comment