(Okay, for the record, I FINALLy figured out a way to upload that hilariously funny and clever video of Susan and I from the weekend. Check out the post from Sunday night. Also, note that the picture of Oliver is actually a silly video. Hit play and enjoy that one while you're at it, too.)
Trouble is, she isn't licensed yet. To make a long story short, she needed a few more classes before she could get licensed by the state. When she got hired, they thought she could get a provisional license, which would hold her over until she took the licensure exam. Well, turns out that she isn't eligible for the provisional license, so now it's kicked into high gear to apply to sit for the exam. We're praying that can happen by September (the test is only offered the first full week of a month in Cleveland, Columbus, or Cincinnati), but there's a chance it wouldn't happen until October. Please pray she passes her first time and that she can take it in September. She'll get her PC (non-independent license) WHEN she passes, and as of January, I will get to be her supervisor (that's when I can get my supervising counselor credential from the state board). That will be fun for me.
What this means for our office, in the meantime, is that I'm getting ALL the referrals. Most of our clients (70%) are female students. Most of those request to see a female counselor. Since Laura can't see clients until she's licensed, I'm getting all those referrals. That's okay with me, though, since I spent a lot of the last two weeks reading books on clinical issues at work. I've gotten 9 clients thus far, and since I'm not supposed to see more than 5 clients a day, that gives me 16 more until I reach my full caseload. Since classes haven't even STARTED yet (students returned this weekend but Monday and today were the Bible Conference, which is required for all students), it looks like I might get a full load early in the year! Wow!
As I was writing to my friend and pastor at HBC tonight, I continue to be humbled that God brought me here. Short of marrying and having a family, I have wanted this most. It's surreal and humbling that God gave me the desire of my heart. Loving my job makes being here, 141 miles from my family, my best friends (except Jill who lives alllllll the way in Nebraska), and my precious niece worth the change. I miss them, but it's not an ache at this point. It's more a "I'm so excited I get to see them soon" kind of feeling. Speaking of which, Miss and Hannah are coming this weekend, and it'll be so wonderful to see them! Considering I've lived with my sister for 5 years and haven't seen her in almost 3 weeks, it will be especially sweet to see her and get to hang out. And in 42 short days.....
DISNEY WORLD, HERE WE COME!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment