Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not much to report

... but I thought I'd post anyways. Things here are good. Susan is coming this weekend (I think I mentioned that in my last post), so I'm looking forward to her visit. Don't forget that picture, Susan! :) 

It's hard to believe tomorrow is Thursday already. I'm having lunch again with Julie, a new faculty member in the social work department. She's just a couple of years older than me, also single, and also in the helping field, so we have some things in common. I'm enjoying getting to know her and hopeful we can continue to build a friendship. 

I felt very productive thus far this week. Laundry is done, bills are paid, dishes are washed, etc. And I've been making my bed every day! This is not common for me, but having a small apartment, it makes a difference for everything to be neat and tidy. I bought a wrought-iron shelf from Walmart over the weekend that has six shelves that is now stationed in the hallway by the linen closet. It's nice to free up space on the counter in the bathroom as well as in the linen closet itself. 

I bit the bullet and ordered a home phone. It became a losing battle to try to consistently make and get calls on my cell phone. It works a lot of the time, but a fair amount of the time, I either have no signal, the phone doesn't ring when I get an incoming call and thus I miss it, or while in the middle of the conversation, I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. Not so convenient to have most of the people I'm close to far away and the phone the only method of connecting to them. The phone should be hooked up soon, I hope, as in maybe by the weekend. 

I'm also not as gung-ho on getting the unit called "The Pearl" here at in the apartment community. I think I'd be just as happy in a two-bedroom unit. I'd still have a bigger kitchen with more cupboard and counter space, a half bath downstairs, and the all-important second bedroom upstairs, but it'd be $156 cheaper than "The Pearl". So is a second full bath, a sunroom, and a fireplace worth that? Hmmm. Not sure. I feel quite safe here, so being in the gated section doesn't seem as necessary. I have a few months before I'd need to decide, but it's something to think about. I may even end up in Cedarville itself. It's painfully small, but the commute to work would take less than a gallon a WEEK!!!!! Hard to say no to that, but I'm not sure I want to rent or own there. Again, decisions for down the road. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me soon! I want to plan a get together with you, me and Jaimi when you come home. Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I know we talk almost every day, but i really enjoy your blog. Love you